ST ANDREWS PLAYGROUP
Date: Monday 07 September 2009
Meeting Commenced At: 7.35 pm
Business arising from the Minutes of the previous meeting:
- Welcome to Jolly Babes.
- Outgoing Correspondence
- Fax to BM Secondary College re cabinet specifications
- Card & $1000 cheque to Flowerdale Playgroup re donation.
- Incoming Correspondence
- Open Day
- Held Saturday 08 August 9am – 12 noon. Thanks to all who attended and volunteered their time, especially those that stayed and helped to clean up. 5 new members signed up on the day.
- Christmas picnic
- Sunday 29 Nov 2009 11am – 2pm
- Picnic in Maddingley Park – budget $600. We will choose the exact location in the park closer to the day as the area used previously has been roughed up and is no longer suitable.
- Activities - Jumping castle x 2 $190 incl supervision, face painter, ‘Merry Christmas’, a ball pit or something similar for babies.
- More details to be discussed at the next meeting.
- Annual General Meeting
- Next meeting – Monday 5th October. AGM will follow normal meeting.
- Nominations now called for all positions. Current positions will be vacated at AGM.
- We must have a Committee to continue…no Committee = no playgroup.
- A great way to volunteer – no experience required, most positions require very little time weekly/monthly (ie an hour or 2), sets a great example for your kids, promotes confidence, and learn new skills.
- Don’t assume current Committee members will continue!
- Position Descriptions have been posted on whiteboard. Nomination forms must be completed and posted in the box. Nominations close 5pm Friday 2nd October 2009.
- Changes - Motion moved by Simone and seconded by Gretta to:
*New position of Craft Officer (due to time and $$ invested)
*Rename Admin 1 to Coordinator
*Rename Admin 2 to Memberships Officer
*Deputy roles for all positions outlined to ensure coverage due to absence
*Possible subcommittees or general members to cover things like Christmas function
- As per information distributed at August meeting. Unanimous vote to go ahead with Incorporation. Motion moved by Jayne and seconded by Gretta.
- Wish list items
Brief discussion required to clarify:-
- Outdoor seating.
Budget $0 (Council Summer Grant).
Issue - Bench seating or picnic table. Church approval needed if permanent structure. Where would it be located? Issue/s – security (ie if not attached could get stolen), climbing hazard?
Unanimous vote to go for three park benches that can be moved around and a fold up table that can be stored inside and taken out when needed, with a possible hole for an umbrella.
- Outdoor resurfacing.
Area between hall and Church initially and with Church permission.
Issue - Whilst real turf would be the ideal solution it is not practical – soil is poor, no irrigation, limited sunlight and ongoing maintenance ie mowing, so needs to be discounted as an option.
Quote – Area A $2500, area B $1000 (or landscape), area C $2500-3500, area D $TBA
Suggest we apply for Council grant for Area A & B? We would need to match 1:1 contribution ie $1250 or $1750
Unanimous vote to go ahead with Areas A & B, applying for funding where we contribute 1:1.
- Australian Government 2009 Volunteer grants. $21 million to give away. $1000 min/$5000 maximum. Items listed for eligibility include BBQ, fridge/freezer, outdoor furniture, printer/copier, shed, sunshade, urn, vacuum cleaner, and guillotine. Mel, Sam & Liz putting application together. Applications close 25/9.
- Moorabool Shire Council Grant – Summer round
· Closes 30/9/09
· See resurfacing?
- Playgroup Victoria (“Family Details Part 3”) forms received from Playgroup Victoria. We will be following up with Group Leaders re lapsed members status
- Multiple Marshians are going fortnightly from Sept. They will probably finish up at the end of the year.
- New groups – Jolly Babes & new Wed group alternating with Multiple Marshians = 18 groups
- Financials. See attached. Great new format that is easier to understand.
- Audit of Accounts – still trying to contact Gretta’s father.
- Bank reconciliation completed for year ended 30 June 2009. Prepared by Sam, approved by Mel.
- Toy catalogue orders incl payment due tonight
-Vouchers raised will be used for wish list items – basketball ring, toy shopping baskets & dress ups for boys
- Mattel toy sale – waiting until we are incorporated before sending a letter to apply for the Mattel sale. They have minimal time slots available prior to Christmas.
Purchasing: (Sam on behalf of Helen)
- Major craft order placed this month, to stock up for Christmas and with paper, etc.
- Church / Playgroup Agreement – hoping to make it onto the Church agenda in two weeks.
- Incorporation – Church Council – as above
- Reverend Blair has resigned and will be finishing up at the Church at the end of the year. It may take some time to find a replacement for his position.
- Craft – Spring or football theme. Please place examples on the yellow cupboard.
- Mirror for dress ups – should be installed soon.
- Dolls house has been completed, but is waiting for the furniture. Thank you to Liz.
MEETING CLOSED AT 8.49 pm
Monday, 5 October 2009 @ 7.30pm (Annual General Meeting follows normal meeting)